Beth Courtney, president and CEO of Louisiana Public Broadcasting, received the 2020 Alumni Achievement Award from the National Mortar Board National College Senior Honor Society in a ceremony on Aug. 7 held at the Louisiana State Capitol.Gov. John Bel Edwards and first lady Donna Edwards presented the award to Courtney. A recording of the presentation was subsequently shown and officially announced at the Mortar Board National Conference in Ohio earlier this month.Courtney is a 1965 LSU graduate who was selected for membership in Mortar Board between her junior and senior years. She is being honored as a communicator, broadcaster, producer, community leader and as an outstanding alumni member of Mortar Board. She was nominated by the Baton Rouge Area Mortar Board Alumni Chapter, and her nomination was endorsed by the members of the Blazer Chapter at LSU. Community: Baton Rouge State Fair Foundation awards funds, increase endowed scholarships The Alumni Achievement Award honors an alumni member who has demonstrated outstanding and long-lasting achievement in their profession or notable service to a broad community; an alumnus who has shown a continuing commitment to the Mortar Board Ideals of scholarship, leadership and service; and who is an inspiration to other members.DAR essay… Read full this story
- Carroll County Chamber Of Commerce : CMC Receives National Award For Best Of Government Meeting Coverage
- Octavia Spencer To Receive James Schamus Ally Award At 2021 Outfest Film Festival
- Heard of community colleges?
- Jewell Loyd Is in the Gym, Building Her Game and a Community
- VFW Family Freedom Festival Saturday Welcomes All, Honors Vets
- NKF-MD Honors Westminster Volunteer
- Community: Three celebrations mark Julia McLellan's 100th birthday
- VA School Board's Transgender Proposal More Radical than State's Mandate
- Conroe-Montgomery County Community Corner
- Stop Child Hunger Act Wins Backing Of Broad Coalition Of Groups
Community: LPB's Beth Courtney receives national honor from Mortar Board have 285 words, post on www.theadvocate.com at September 7, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.