A private hospital has reported that a 27-year-old woman from Bengaluru tested positive again nearly a month after she was treated and discharged from the hospital. Doctors at Fortis Hospital, claim that this could be the first reported case of reinfection in the city.“On July 6, the patient was symptomatic. She reported with fever, cough, and sore throat and had tested positive. She was admitted at the hospital and recovered well. A repeat test was conducted on her, which turned out to be negative, after which she was discharged on July 24,” Pratik Patil, consultant, Infectious Diseases, at the hospital, told The Hindu on September 5.“However, in the last week of August, she developed mild symptoms again and tested positive again. Both the times she did not have severe disease. This is possibly the first reported case of COVID-19 reinfection in Bengaluru. She has recovered well this time too and is being discharged. We have not done a repeat COVID-19 test before discharge this time as per the new discharge policy,” he said.Close In August, University of Hong Kong scientists had claimed to have the first evidence of someone being reinfected with the virus that causes COVID-19 after genetic tests… Read full this story
- Discharged COVID-19 patient brought back into isolation after testing positive, U.S. CDC confirms
- Discharged COVID-19 patient brought back into isolation after testing positive, US CDC confirms
- New York City student is showing signs of coronavirus and is quarantined at home after his lawyer father tested positive for the disease
- COVID-19 | 6 cases with high viral load detected in Agra
- Coronavirus: First COVID-19 deaths in the US, Australia, Thailand — live updates
- Over 80% people who died due to covid-19 are aged over 60 years
- Coronavirus updates: COVID-19 spreads to South America
- Coronavirus and COVID-19: All your questions answered
- Can a 27-Year-Old Political Neophyte Run the Largest County in Texas?
- APC, PDP fight over COVID-19 index case in Nigeria
Coronavirus India: First COVID-19 reinfection case in Bengaluru; 27-year-old tests positive again within a month have 311 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at September 6, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.