The New York Times once described the Netflix lobby as “the hottest see-and-be-seen spot in Hollywood.” That was last year. Now? “It’s supposed to be full of people, cheering and talking and everything. Now it’s empty,” said Reed Hastings, the co-founder and co-CEO of Netflix. As he showed Lesley Stahl, the massive 80-foot video wall promoting new Netflix shows is now surrounded by lots and lots of empty chairs. “We will be back,” Hastings said. “We’re gonna get that vaccine, and then that lobby’s gonna be pumping again!” “I know why you’re so optimistic, because like toilet paper and Lysol, you’re one of the few companies who has really thrived in this pandemic,” Stahl said. “People love entertainment,” said Hastings, “whether that’s wartime, peacetime, COVID.” “Yeah, but you’re avoiding my question, which is that you’re doing extremely well. Your subscription numbers have, what?” “We are off to a faster start in growth than any year in our history, roughly from 160 million to 190 million. So, a lotta growth.” “Internationally, too?” “All around the world. COVID, unfortunately, is everywhere, and luckily Netflix is, too.” The global growth of Netflix has been exponential over the last few years. Now the service… Read full this story
- Instantly Uncover Your Corporate Culture
- Actor Deon Cole Slams Cancel Culture: ‘It’s Really F**d Up’
- The Irishman: Will Gompertz reviews Martin Scorsese's new mob movie backed by Netflix ★★★★☆
- Coventry named UK City of Culture 2021
- Netflix responds to Steven Spielberg's attack on movie streaming
- Martin Scorsese's The Irishman bought by Netflix
- Netflix producer alleges years of assault and threats by Harvey Weinstein
- New Jewish cultural hub to open in Budapest
- Comedy and political correctness: Canadian comics on the impact of 'woke culture'
- Bokhari: Time to Take a Stand Against Corporate Communism
How Netflix reinvented entertainment - and corporate culture have 297 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at September 6, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.