MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami-Dade mayoral candidates Daniella Levine Cava and Steve Bovo went head-to-head Sunday on a special debate edition of Facing South Florida. Host Jim DeFede moderated the debate, starting with the topic of county core services. DEFEDE: I want to start, because I think one of the issues that I want to try to drill in on is, is the issue of what are county core services. But more importantly, I think we all agree that police fire, sanitation, you know, getting the parks clean. I’ve heard each of you sort of talk about this. But I want to go to the flip side, because I want to understand from your perspective, and I want to start with you, Steve, what do you not consider a county core service? Or what do you not consider essential that should economic downturns occur as we may end up seeing that you would be willing to cut? Where’s an area in the county that you would cut?BOVO: It’s very hard to specify what would be non-essential because over the years, as the county’s budget has grown, these things become baked into the budget, and then they become essential. We spend about… Read full this story
- ‘Not Going To Waste My Time’ — Trump Announces He’ll Skip Second Debate After Commission Decides To Make It Virtual
- Sanford, Florida, Braces for Trump’s ‘Crazy’ COVID Roadshow
- The Hill's Morning Report - Dem debate contenders take aim at Warren
- Is Joe Biden Losing the Hispanic Vote in Florida?
- Democrats, GOP fighting over largest House battlefield in a decade
- Latino groups warn that Biden's relatively slow outreach could have devastating results
- Melania finally campaigns at rally alongside Donald in Tampa - in front of maskless crowd of 6,000 who are so tightly-packed that they have to be sprayed with water to keep them cool
- 2020 Election Live Updates: Mail ballot numbers keep climbing in California
- Which Beaches Are Open for July 4 Weekend? What to Know Before You Go
- 'Election should END on November 3rd.' Donald Trump rages at 'crazy' Supreme Court for allowing Pennsylvania and North Carolina to count late-arriving ballots for up to nine days - claiming: 'Can you imagine what will happen?'
Miami-Dade Mayoral Candidates Daniella Levine Cava & Steve Bovo Go Head-To-Head In Facing South Florida Debate have 366 words, post on miami.cbslocal.com at October 18, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.