The Queen’s Birthday Honours list is dominated by those who have helped in Britain’s fight against coronavirus – from famous faces such as footballer Marcus Rashford and fitness guru Joe Wicks to doctors, nurses and volunteers. This year’s list was postponed from June in order to include medical workers and fundraisers who have been instrumental in the battle against Covid-19. It celebrates the selfless deeds of well-known names as well as ordinary people who have helped their communities. Manchester United and England footballer Mr Rashford has been made an MBE after his efforts in ensuring that children in need received meals across the summer . He said: “As a young black man from Wythenshawe, never did I think I would be accepting an MBE – never mind an MBE at the age of 22.” Mr Wicks, known as the Body Coach , is also being made an MBE for helping children keep active and mentally fit during lockdown with his online PE lessons . Jay Flynn, quizmaster A quizmaster who kept hundreds of thousands of people entertained during the lockdown has been rewarded with an MBE. Jay Flynn’s online virtual pub quiz had been intended as a small event to… Read full this story
- Marcus Thames hits walk-off single in 10th as Yankees overcome Mariano Rivera's blown save
- Fall 101: The best things to do, see, hear, taste, buy & experience this season!
- Phoenix concert news: Weezer, Pixies, Styx, Maroon 5, Demi Lovato, Kid Rock
- Charlie Sheen & Denise Richards: It's war!
- Kim Shattuck, Lead Singer and Songwriter for The Muffs, Dies at 56 - TheWrap
- November Phoenix local music picks: The Maine, AZ Hip Hop Festival, Pistoleros
- azcentral.com Sports Awards Boys Basketball Athlete of Year finalists, Coaches of the Year, All-Arizona Team
- Summer's Hot 100: What to do in New York all season long
- Kim Kardashian much easier to shoot for Playboy than 'guarded' Ashley Dupre: photog Steve Wayda
- NJ inshore fishing continues to sizzle with Bonito, false albacore
Queen's Birthday Honours list: Marcus Rashford, Joe Wicks and record-breaking quiz host included have 318 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at October 9, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.