The historic season premiere of South Park on Wednesday pulled in its highest ratings in seven years as it satirized the COVID-19 pandemic, Disney mascot Mickey Mouse, President Trump and the police. The season 24 episode titled The Pandemic Special was the first special and first one-hour episode in the 23-year history of The Comedy Central show. The Pandemic Special drew 2.3 million viewers on Comedy Central and combined with simulcasts became the highest-rated scripted telect on pay cable in 2020, according to an article Thursday by Deadline. Historic episode: Stan Marsh and Kyle Broflovski masked up during the historic season premiere of South Park on Wednesday that pulled in its highest ratings in seven years as it satirized the COVID-19 pandemic, Disney mascot Mickey Mouse, and the police The season premiere was simulcast on MTV and MTV2 along with two primetime encores on Comedy Central and drew 4.05 million total viewers total. Show creators Trey Parker, 50, and Matt Stone, 49, executive produce the show and voice many of the male characters, while Trey was credited with writing and directing the season 24 premiere. RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next South Park will tackle the coronavirus pandemic with FIRST… South… Read full this story
- When and where to watch the 'South Park' pandemic special
- How to watch the upcoming "South Park: Post COVID: The Return of COVID"
- QAnon is coming to South Park in new hour-long Vaccination Special
- How this year’s historic fire season compares to others in destructiveness so far
- ‘South Park’ Has a Donald Trump Problem
- South Korea's top court upholds former leader Park Geun-hye's 20-year prison sentence
- Vikings-Bears ‘MNF’ Showdown On ABC Conquers Monday Primetime; ‘Dynasty’ Rises With Season 5 Premiere
- As 2021 Ends With One Of City’s Highest Murder Rates In Years, Many Families Left Without Any Kind Of Justice
- The 10 highest rated Christmas movies on Netflix you should watch over the holidays
- Delhi Records 1,796 Covid Cases On New Year's Eve, Highest In Seven Months
South Park scores highest ratings in seven years with historic one-hour season 24 premiere special have 314 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 2, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.