A cruise passenger has tested positive for COVID-19 aboard a SeaDream Yacht Club vessel, which embarked on the first Caribbean sailing since cruises were paused in the pandemic. The passenger on the SeaDream I ship, which left Barbados on Saturday, was confirmed to be infected based on the “preliminary” results of a rapid virus test, the ship’s captain, Torbjorn Lund, said Wednesday. Gene Sloan, a writer for The Points Guy travel website who was aboard, reported the captain’s ship-wide announcement. The ship is understood to have 53 passengers. They include 37 Americans who all boarded on Saturday, according to a reporter for Cruise Critic, Sue Bryant, who was also on the ship. Other passengers included 10 people from the U.K. as well as a number from Austria, Denmark, Germany and Sweden. The ship, which has 66 crew, was reported to be operating on the assumption that one or more other COVID-19 patients were on board, according to Lund. “Please allow a bit of extra time for us to adjust for this new situation. We are confident in our routines and medical plans, but they are strict, and we apologize for this inconvenience,” Lund said Wednesday. Tests for all crew members… Read full this story
- World's biggest cruise ship - Peak inside Royal Caribbean’s huge 1,188ft Wonder of the Sea
- US Coast Guard responds to reports of cruise ship passenger overboard in Gulf of Mexico
- Cruise secrets: Ex cruise ship crew reveals the best aspects of job - can you guess?
- Cruise secrets: Ex cruise ship worker reveals the most difficult thing about life at sea
- Woman goes overboard from cruise ship, sparking Coast Guard search
- Cunard unveils brand new cruise ship Queen Anne set to make a 2024 debut
- A cruise ship returns to Miami with 48 coronavirus cases.
- Divers recover body of man who fell from 10th-story deck of cruise ship in Puerto Rico
- World’s Biggest Cruise Ship, Royal Caribbean’s Wonder Of The Seas, Scheduled For Maiden Voyage Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- Grandfather of cruise ship toddler who died after plunging from window rejects plea deal, maintains innocence
Cruise Ship Passenger Contracts COVID on First Caribbean Journey Since Pandemic have 342 words, post on www.newsweek.com at November 12, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.