Sterling and Wilson Group (S&W) operates out of 26 plus countries, and its employees are divided into two broad categories, namely Office and Site. The subsidiary of Shapoorji Pallonji Group worked on designing an IT model that connects and supports both of the categories of employees. The basic building blocks of this model are Cloud version of business applications – Such as Success Factors, Concur, Process Map, etc., use of the private cloud for on-premise applications, designing of network and access moved from MPLS to secured VPN ILL while brushing some security policies and techniques that support the company as well as personal computers. These factors have helped S&W to not just manage the pandemic, but also adopt a structurally robust, resilient, and elastic computing model.Becoming a cloud-native model “In the last few years, S&W Group has adopted the “Cloud First and Mobile Must” strategy, and aggressively moved to cloud from predominantly On-Premise models. We started the journey four years ago with the adoption of Office365 and SharePoint. In the last two years we have accelerated it using a three-point strategy which includes implementing all new applications on cloud, moving On-premise applications like ERP to private cloud with Disaster Recovery… Read full this story
- Three barriers to cloud adoption for SMBs – And why they shouldn’t matter
- Healthcare: how safe is the public cloud?
- Security for clouds – What does the security of IT look like when everything is elastic?
- Right-size your multi-cloud workloads using AI but don’t stop there
- Finding a way forward with cloud native applications
- It’s a brave, new cloud world out there. Are you ready?
- Amazon Cloud Cam vs. Netgear Arlo Q: Which should you buy?
- Here's how the Fed raises interest rates and why it matters
- Managing multi cloud
- What do the cloud wars mean for enterprises in 2019?
Here’s how Sterling and Wilson is cutting expenses through cloud adoption have 304 words, post on ciso.economictimes.indiatimes.com at December 17, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.