This year mum Stacey Eddolls will use her imagination to ensure Santa comes down the chimney for her four-year-old daughter Arwen. Having had to move onto the top floor in a block of flats in Newport, South Wales, making a fairytale Christmas for the little girl is not easy. Arwen was born on December 25, therefore the most special day of the year is even more important. So Stacey, 30, a former bus driver who started her own baking business before lockdown to stave off financial hardship, is again being creative. "We want to make it a magical Christmas for her," she insists. "I'm making some decorations for the flat and I'm going to create a big fireplace and chimney stack out of cardboard and paint it, so that Santa can come down and visit us!" To find out more about the Mirror’s Christmas appeal click here Four-year-old daughter Arwen in her play shop Times have been tough for the family recently. Stacey's partner, who has asked not to be named, suffered a brain haemorrhage not long after Arwen was born. Shortly afterwards, Stacey was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. "Since Arwen was born it has been a tough few years for… Read full this story
- Dancing On Ice fans confused as Michael Barrymore appears in Christmas special despite quitting show with broken wrist
- Life in a London tower block: Anxious mother whose children dodge heroin addicts, fights and gangs in the corridors outside their home reveals her fears for their safety in hard-hitting documentary
- Gavin & Stacey cast went on boozy benders and knocked back gin during filming for Christmas special
- Gemma Atkinson says dancing with lover Gorka on Strictly Christmas special was 'weird'
- Presents, pigs in blankets and mince pies – survey reveals what makes Christmas so special
- Gavin And Stacey Christmas Special is a 'Brexit-free sanctuary'
- Gavin and Stacey’s Joanna Page teases big Fishing Trip reveal and wants to do another series after Christmas special
- Christmas and New Year celebrations in HCM City
- ‘Making a Murderer’ One Year Later: Everything You Need to Know
- Girl, 6, celebrates cancer-free Christmas after 2-year leukemia battle
Mum in tower block determined to make Christmas special despite year of hardship have 354 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 9, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.