NASA has announced its first team of astronauts that will be heading for the Moon. This list includes the name of the woman who could be the first ever female to stand on the lunar surface. The list was announced at the National Space Counsel Meeting taking place this week at the Kennedy Space Center in the US. It was chaired by US vice president Mike Pence. The 18 astronauts mentioned will be part of Nasa’s Artemis program. This mission that aims to send a man and woman to the Moon as early as 2024. The 18 astronauts set for the Moon Here’s the names of all the astronauts on Nasa’s Artemis program… Joe Acaba Female astronauts Christina Koch and Jessica Meir are on the team. They’re well known for creating history last year when they completed the first all female spacewalk. They’ve both spent hundreds of days in space already along with a few other astronauts that made the team. It isn’t yet known which woman will be picked to be the first to stand on the Moon alongside another man. Everyone on the list is being referred to as the "first generation" of Nasa’s Artemis program. That means there… Read full this story
- Pence introduces 'the Artemis generation' astronauts for moon mission
- Scott Kelly becomes US astronaut to spend the most time in space: Commander breaks the world record by living on ISS for 383 days (and he still has another 139 to go)
- To the Moon & Back: What Does the Future Have in Store for Trump's Space Force, Artemis Programme?
- China ‘has LANDED on the Moon’ in risky drilling mission – but broadcast cut off before touchdown
- Sci-Fi designs for cities on Mars that house 1million people on the sides of CLIFFS are unveiled by scientists
- Why is there a ring around the moon?
- Meet the 9 astronauts on NASA's Artemis team who have a chance to be the first woman to walk on the moon
- Astronauts grow radishes in SPACE for the first time aboard the International Space Station in experiment that will help crews grow food on the moon and Mars
- VP Pence Introduced 18 Astronauts NASA Tapped for Moon Mission–Nine Are Women
Nasa unveils astronauts who will walk on the MOON in 2024 – including ISS veteran with hundreds of days in space have 365 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at December 10, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.