The post-Brexit deal between the United Kingdom and the European Union agreed between the sides on Christmas Eve, received royal approval on Thursday. The agreement will come into force on 31 December at 11 p.m., local time. Becoming law only a day before the end of the transition period, the deal was earlier passed by both the House of Commons and the House of Lords after an emergency one-day session. The European Union (Future Relationship) Act 2020 has been granted Royal Assent.#BrexitDeal pic.twitter.com/UMKh1TzTBP — The Speaker (@speakerpolitics) December 31, 2020 “The destiny of this great country now resides firmly in our hands. We take on this duty with a sense of purpose and with the interests of the British public at the heart of everything we do”, UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson said of the deal. “11pm on 31 December marks a new beginning in our country’s history and a new relationship with the EU as their biggest ally. This moment is finally upon us and now is the time to seize it.” The agreement on the future trade and cooperation between the UK and the EU was finalized by Johnson and the European commission president, Ursula von der Leyen,… Read full this story
- Priti Patel's Home Office SUED over post-Brexit rights of EU citizens in rare legal action
- Explained: Post-Brexit fishing row between France and the UK
- Penny Mordaunt lands string of wins as UK and US progress towards post-Brexit trade deal
- Boris unveils post-Brexit plan to turbo charge 'free' Britain in 2022 'Enormous potential'
- Britain's first £10bn post-Brexit trade deal 'is only the start'
- UK-Australia trade deal: First 'from scratch' post-Brexit trade agreement completed
- Joe Biden caves in UK-US trade win: Post-Brexit victory as Scotch whisky tariffs suspended
- EU to Impose Full Customs Checks on UK Post-Brexit
- 'Top-secret plan' drawn up to evacuate Queen from London in case of post-Brexit rioting
- Stripe billionaire ‘very bullish’ about Britain’s fintech industry post-Brexit
Post-Brexit Agreement Receives Royal Approval, Becomes British Law have 313 words, post on sputniknews.com at December 31, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.