If you've ever made small talk with someone on the internet, you've likely come across the initialism "HBU." We'll explain what this internet slang term means, and how you use it in conversation. How About You? HBU stands for "how about you?" or "how 'bout you?" People often use this phrase as a follow-up when asked how they're doing. After all, it's common in a conversation to share some information about yourself, and then ask about the other person, as well. For example, if someone asks how you're doing, you might reply: "I'm ok, hbu?" This initialism is most commonly used in text messaging. It's expressed in both lower- and uppercase letters, although you'll see it more frequently in all lowercase (hbu). It can also be used when chatting with a large group of people. However, a plural noun is normally added when addressing more than one person, like "hbu guys" or "hbu everyone." The Origin of HBU Like other acronyms, HBU became popular in early online chatrooms and on message boards. These early chat platforms were mostly anonymous, so you'd frequently be talking to strangers. However, the initialism gained more widespread popularity when texting and instant messaging became a… Read full this story
- Freedom does not mean freedom of imposition
- The title of Merit Teacher – what does it mean?
- Does Vietnam's new rule ban link sharing on Facebook?
- Industry 4.0 and what it means for VN
- Rule allowing children to use ATM cards at 6 raises eyebrows in Vietnam
- Vietnam's tourism does not depend on dog meat
- When does an athlete get too sexy? Or immoral?
- Hà Nội needs stronger land use planning
- Hà Nội needs stronger land use planning - Opinion - Vietnam News Politics, Business, Economy, Society, Life, Sports
- Why Kim Jong-un wears what he does - VnExpress International
What Does “HBU” Mean, and How Do You Use It? have 330 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at December 13, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.