BEIJING – – In a year shadowed by the onslaught of coronavirus outbreak, the world witnessed glimmers of hope in China’s unremitting efforts on rallying global consensus on COVID-19 response and charting the course for future development. In the face of an unprecedented global crisis, Chinese President Xi Jinping engaged in intensive head of state diplomacy, sharing thoughts with world leaders on addressing the fundamental questions of the times, and offering China’s proposals to the resolution of global challenges. Throughout the year, Xi had 80 phone calls with foreign leaders and heads of international organizations and attended 22 important diplomatic events in the form of “cloud diplomacy” through the innovative virtual platform. The president’s diplomatic engagements have helped build global consensus on COVID-19 and pointed out the way forward for China’s foreign policy, said China’s State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi. RALLYING CONSENSUS The COVID-19 pandemic is continuing to wreak havoc across the world. As of Saturday, the virus has infected more than 79 million people and claimed over 1.7 million lives worldwide, with cases continuing to surge. At this crucial time when the world urgently needed its leading players to rise up to challenges and act with swiftness,… Read full this story
- Hong Kong's Carrie Lam refuses to rule out asking China for help to quell protests
- Message Behind Super Selfie: France is moving centre-stage, with some help from Morocco
- Rethinking Pandemics At Several Levels
- Richard Rorty’s hopes for liberalism and solidarity – Alan Malachowski
- Vague Patch Notes: When World of Warcraft breaks off your friendship
- WP Engine Launches World’s First Global Edge Security For WordPress with Cloudflare
- Data-driven disaster relief: Measuring the impact of emergency response
- The Greatest Restaurant In The World: Discovering A New Era Of Food At Noma
- French Yellow Vests Protest in Paris Amid Tighter Security
- Growing Chinese Nuclear Arsenal: Is China changing its doctrine?
Xi's 'cloud diplomacy' helps world emerge from pandemic with enhanced solidarity have 302 words, post on www.chinadaily.com.cn at December 27, 2020. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.