Chris Christie said Sunday that if he were a lawmaker he would vote to impeach Donald Trump as Republican Senator Pat Toomey demanded the president resign ‘as soon as possible’. When Christie, a former Trump ally, was asked if the president committed an impeachable offense, he told ABC’s ‘This Week’ during a panel discussion: ‘Oh sure, yeah.’ ‘You would vote to impeach?’ ABC host George Stephanopolous asked the former New Jersey governor. ‘If I think it’s an impeachable offense that’s exactly what I would do, George,’ Christie said. ‘But I’m not in there. But you want my opinion, that’s my opinion. He added: ‘If inciting to insurrection isn’t [an impeachable offense], I don’t know what is.’ Chris Christie, once a staunch Trump ally, said Sunday that if he were a lawmaker he would vote to impeach, claiming: ‘If inciting to insurrection isn’t [an impeachable offense], I don’t know what is’ Republican Senator Pat Toomey also said Sunday Trump should resign and ‘go away as soon as possible’ to allow the country to heal in the wake of the riot at the Capitol Wednesday Amidst calls for resignation and a possible second impeachment of Trump, Vice President Mike Pence still hasn’t… Read full this story
- Pat Toomey Calls Trump's Upcoming Trial 'Constitutional,' Says QAnon Has No Place Within GOP
- Political Experts Predict Democrats Will Fight the Ghost of Donald Trump Amid GOP Infighting
- 2nd Trump Impeachment Trial Triggered As House Delivers Impeachment Article To Senate
- GOP senator warns his party must decide between 'conservatism and madness'
- Impeachment managers say Trump conduct demands conviction
- Donald Trump meets GOP leader Kevin McCarthy at Mar-a-Lago and releases statement boasting 'his popularity has never been stronger' and claiming his endorsement means more than any EVER
- Trump impeachment goes to Senate, testing his sway over GOP
- Democrats vote to start muscling $1.9T bailout package through without Republican support after Joe Biden told GOP senators their $600B offer was 'too small'
- Trump impeachment trial goes to the Senate, testing his sway over GOP
- Rand Paul calls Trump impeachment trial ‘dead on arrival’ after 45 GOP senators vote against it
Chris Christie says Trump should be impeached and GOP senator Pat Toomey warns President 'could face criminal liability' for his spiral into madness that led to MAGA mob violence have 354 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 10, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.