Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) assigned partial blame to Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg for last week’s riot on the Capitol, highlighting qualms she raised last year when challenging the social media’s attack on disinformation. Speaking during a Friday town hall meeting, Ocasio-Cortez said that Facebook was ‘trying to do as much damage control as possible.’ ‘But they knew,’ she asserted. ‘Not only did they know but they allowed it.’ Speaking during a Friday town hall meeting, AOC said that Facebook was ‘trying to do as much damage control as possible’ AOC brought up the Congressional hearing where Zuckerberg and other big tech giants testified about how they were tackling disinformation leading up to the 2020 Presidential election. ‘We knew this was a problem,’ she said. ‘We knew this so far out that pre-COVID, I asked him specifically about election disinformation and its ties on Facebook to White supremacist organizations, and the ties that ‘fact-checking organizations’ had to other White supremacist outlets … and he wouldn’t answer. So, there’s a very clear link here.’ She declared of Mark: ’He is part of this problem. And Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook bear partial responsibility for Wednesday’s events, period.’ RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next Who can… Read full this story
- A deepfake video of Mark Zuckerberg presents a new challenge for Facebook
- Facebook paid contractors to transcribe user audio files
- Facebook Exec Admits He’s Triggered by Trump, Breitbart, But Still Opposes Censorship
- Has Facebook learned nothing?
- Long-shot Democrat Deval Patrick says in first campaign ad that he entered 2020 race late because his wife was diagnosed with cancer
- Mark Zuckerberg is giving up on annual personal challenges
- Apple and Facebook's privacy policies slammed as 'untenable' by US watchdog during a heated debate at CES following a litany of scandals
- Democratic Candidates Blast Facebook’s Refusal To Root Out False Political Ads
- The hypocrisy of Facebook's silence on Peter Thiel's support for Donald Trump
- This just in: Paper is the best Facebook app ever
'He is part of this problem': AOC says Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook are 'partially responsible' for the Capitol riot and says that Congress should hold tech titans accountable because 'they allowed it' have 322 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 16, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.