A man has been jailed for 10 months after admitting to helping smuggle people into the UK a few weeks before 39 migrants died in the Essex lorry tragedy. Kitchen fitter Gazmir Nuzi, 43, was on the fringes of the smuggling ring, but not a member. A fortnight before the 39 Vietnamese nationals died in a trailer, Nuzi was involved in a similar, successful smuggling operation. He had met a lorry when it dropped off illegal immigrants from Purfleet docks at a remote Essex farm from where most were driven to a safe house in south London. Nuzi, an Albanian, was there to collect his nephew and another man, who had been picked up with the others in France. Advertisement He said he dropped off the second man, also an Albanian, and never saw him again, but took his nephew home with him to Tottenham, north London. The perilous journey that left 39 dead Nuzi was arrested soon after the discovery of the bodies in the second operation and pleaded guilty to an immigration charge. More on Essex Lorry Deaths Essex container deaths: Man arrested and charged in Italy in connection with migrant tragedy Essex lorry deaths: People smuggling gang… Read full this story
- Peru Two: 'Stop judging me for my drug-smuggling past'
- The despicable west London criminals jailed in November
- All Hail The Uber Man! How Sharp-Elbowed Salesman Travis Kalanick Became Silicon Valley's Newest Star
- The Most Dangerous Man In Bitcoin Isn’t A Criminal
- 7 surprising reasons people have gotten arrested on purpose
- It's lucky the Bali bombers didn't have drugs on them
- 16 celebrities who went viral and dominated the internet this year
- DISPATCH FROM HONDURAS: What Life Is Like In The Murder Capital Of The World
- Six years later, Penn State is still at war over the Jerry Sandusky scandal
- Meet the Samsung's billionaire Lee family, South Korea's most powerful dynasty
Man on fringes of Essex smuggling ring jailed after admitting part in earlier lorry plot have 301 words, post on news.sky.com at January 11, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.