MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami-Dade has launched another way for people 65 and older to check or and schedule appointments to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. In addition to checking online at miamidade.gov/vaccine, people can now call 305-614-2014. “We are taking urgent action to ensure no communities are left behind and all our seniors 65 and older have equal access to this lifesaving vaccine. To distribute the vaccine equitably to vulnerable Miami-Dade County residents, we are proud to introduce a phone option to expand access to the vaccine to protect our county and move forward together,” said Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava.Related: What You Need To Know About Getting The COVID-19 Vaccine In South Florida “There are many seniors in our community who are not able to access vaccine appointments through online booking, and I’m pleased that the County has launched a new phone line to make it easier for everyone to schedule an appointment,” said County Commission Chairman Jose “Pepe” Diaz. This week Miami-Dade will also open a new vaccine distribution site at Miami Dade College North Campus and will reopen the vaccination site located at Zoo Miami. More from CBSMiami.comCOVID-Sniffing Dogs To Screen Fans At Miami Heat Games‘It’s A Sad… Read full this story
- Coronavirus COVID-19 symptoms, when should you see a doctor and how the infection spreads
- COVID-19 | New York confirms first virus case; U.S. ramps up preparations
- Coronavirus update: Latest news on COVID-19 as health ministers gather, disease confirmed in new countries and questions arise about immunity
- Trump says risk of COVID-19 in US 'very low'
- COVID-19: I am not so enthused about Nigeria’s preparedness — Enabulele, C’Wealth Medical Association President
- World Bank to launch $12 billion support package for COVID-19 response
- Electronics producers face material shortage amid COVID-19 outbreak
- COVID-19: How to prepare for the virus
- ‘It’s All About Being Proactive’: Pa. Nursing Homes To Take Precautions Amid COVID-19 Concerns
- Coronavirus and COVID-19: All your questions answered
Miami-Dade Launches Phone Line To Make COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments have 319 words, post on miami.cbslocal.com at January 26, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.