In context: Windows 10’s design is a bit of a mixed bag. In some areas, it shows off Microsoft’s ‘Fluent Design’ philosophy quite well (albeit at the loss of some functionality), but in others, you’ll still find interfaces, menus, and settings from the Windows 7 era. To address these inconsistencies, Microsoft is reportedly planning a “sweeping visual rejuvenation” of Windows 10. This information came to light thanks to a recent job listing posted by Microsoft. The listing calls for a software engineer who can work alongside Microsoft’s “key platform, Surface, and OEM partners” to deliver said “rejuvenation.” The ultimate goal of the refresh would be to signal to Microsoft’s customers that “Windows is BACK” (emphasis theirs), and that Windows is the “best user OS experience for customers.” It’s difficult to say how a visual overhaul might accomplish that task, especially because we have no idea what Microsoft means by “best user OS experience.” Does it mean a more simplified or streamlined user experience? As enthusiasts and power users ourselves, we’d hesitate to call that the “best” outcome, but the alternative also doesn’t seem likely: making things more complex isn’t really Microsoft’s thing. Not lately, anyway. Some reports say changes are… Read full this story
- I Installed Windows 10 and Now I'm Talking to My Computer
- The True Story of the Microsoft Courier's Tragic Death
- Competition concern over Microsoft’s decision to use Google web technology
- Microsoft unveils new smaller Surface Go tablet – and it’s surprisingly cheap
- Xbox One Review: Absolutely Amazing (When It Works)
- The Best Microsoft Word Alternatives That Are Totally Free
- Microsoft workers call for ending contract for technology that could turn warfare into a 'video game'
- HMS Queen Elizabeth, UK’s Largest Warship, Runs On Windows XP, Vulnerable To Hacking
- Microsoft Surface Go tablets selected for digital LSAT in 2019
- Amazon Smart Display 'Eyes' Aid Visually Impaired
Microsoft is working on a 'sweeping visual rejuvenation' for Windows 10 have 309 words, post on www.techspot.com at January 4, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.