The Taliban have vowed to take a more moderate stance, that women’s rights will be honored Western leaders address the situation unfolding in Afghanistan The Indian Embassy is the latest to announce it is closing The EU is holding emergency talks Hundreds of US and German citizens have been evacuated This live updates article has now closed. This story was last updated at 01:55 UTC/GMT. Evacuees land in Germany Around 130 people who had been flown from Kabul to Tashkent on Tuesday arrived in the German city of Frankfu rt on a commercial Lufthansa flight early on Wednesday morning. Further special flights put on to bring people from Afghanistan to Germany will continue to arrive from Tashkent, Doha and other stopover countries during the next few days, the airline company said. UN refugee agency to stay in Afghanistan The United Nations’ refugee agency, UNHCR, is hoping to continue working in Afghanistan, the organization’s German representative Katharina Lumpp told German newspaper Die Welt . “We want to stay in the country because the people there need help now more than ever,” she said, adding that the UNHCR currently has around 200 members of staff in the country. Lumpp explained that the vast majority of Afghan… Read full this story
- Could Sydney's New Year's Eve fireworks display be CANCELLED? Lord mayor casts doubt over the $5m harbour display amid calls to hand the cash to farmers and bushfire victims
- More Americans will die after Trump abruptly ends Afghan talks, Taliban say
- NXIVM member who gave birth to Keith Raniere's son speaks out in new film that investigates what REALLY happened to women who vanished, had cancer or 'took their own lives' under 'evil' leader who said 'I’ve had people killed because of my beliefs'
- Doubt casts on Afghan election as insecurity intensifies
- 'All American' Season 2 Release Date, Cast, Trailer, Plot: When is it Out on The CW and Netflix?
- Reasons Why We Must Be Cast As Extras in the
- Trump cancels U.S. meeting with Taliban and Afghanistan president
- Exclusive: U.S. troop drawdowns in Afghanistan 'not necessarily' tied to Taliban deal - Esper
- What’s your “if only they were younger” dream casting?
- Gushing compliments, promises of riches, and then the hard sell – what happens at a “no fees” model photo shoot
UN casts doubt on Taliban promises — as it happened have 374 words, post on www.dw.com at January 18, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.