Photo-Illustration: Megan Paetzhold. Photos: Getty Images Banned on Twitter and on Facebook, , indefinitely booted from Snapchat, and with r/DonaldTrump, his collection of cheerleaders on Reddit, banished from that platform, Donald Trump is now an island on social media. Yet there’s one fast-growing social network that he could, in theory, join but hasn’t yet: TikTok. Thursday afternoon, I asked TikTok, which the outgoing U.S. president spent the second half of 2020 trying to ban, whether it would join other social networks in refusing Trump access to its app, should he want to join. More than 24 hours later, its media representatives still haven’t replied.fighting the U.S. government in court to retain access to U.S. users — is small. Using the video platform would undermine his policy actions against the company and his months of claims that it is a Chinese deep-state conspiracy to spy on Americans. It’s worth noting that Joe Biden also hasn’t yet joined TikTok. Presumably, doing so — beyond any substantive concerns — would have given the Trump campaign an easy shot, given the president’s claims that the app is a national security threat. And yet Trump is left with few other choices if he wants to… Read full this story
- First Televised Impeachment Hearing for Donald Trump Opens in US House of Representatives
- TikTok revamps lobbying as Washington targets Chinese ownership
- McConnell discounts quick dismissal of Trump impeachment articles: 'We'll have to have a trial'
- Senate GOP waves Trump off early motion to dismiss impeachment charges
- The Hill's Morning Report — After contentious week, Trump heads for Japan
- Trump Impeachment: Compelling Testimony, but No Minds Changed So Far
- Trump Attacks Impeachment Witness and ex-Envoy to Ukraine on Twitter, Democrats See Intimidation
- The Hill's Morning Report - Diplomats kick off public evidence about Trump, Ukraine
- Mueller remarks put renewed focus on election security bills
- House Dems reintroduce bill to protect elections from cyberattacks
Will Donald Trump Try to Take His Act to TikTok? have 311 words, post on nymag.com at January 9, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.