Emphasizing it is important to roll out rapid vaccination programme for people of the State before elections Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Wednesday wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi stating that Government of West Bengal has decided to procure adequate number of vaccines for members of the public at large. Also read: West Bengal spent ₹4,000 cr. to tackle COVID-19, says TMC "We would request to kindly take up the matter appropriate authorities so that the State government is able to purchase the vaccines from designated point(s) on top priority basis because the West Bengal government wants to provide vaccination free of cost to all," Ms. Banerjee wrote to Prime Minister. The letter from the Chief Minister comes the very day Centre has announced that people above 60 years of age and those over 45 with comorbidities will be given COVID-19 vaccination from March 1 . In the letter, Ms. Banerjee emphasised that " West Bengal being an election-going State , we are required to reach out practically to every government and para statal employee on an urgent basis to make the election safe". She also added that "worrying point is that, in the ensuing elections, the people in general… Read full this story
- Haryana polls: In Mewat, BJP does not bank on PM Narendra Modi
- Will it be Didi versus Dada in Bengal 2021?
- Modi govt asking youths to see Moon when they seek jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- Maharashtra university expels 6 students for writing to PM on J&K, lynchings
- India’s A+ in economics: After Amartya, it’s Abhijit
- TMC to conduct survey to assess support base
- 3 economists who study poverty win Nobel Prize
- Role of Software industries in the transformation of Durgapur’s economy
- US trio win Nobel Economics Prize for work on poverty
- 3 Boston-area economists who study poverty win Nobel Prize
Coronavirus | Want to procure COVID-19 vaccines for all in West Bengal before polls, Mamata Banerjee writes to Narendra Modi have 296 words, post on www.thehindu.com at February 24, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.