NEW YORK: The United States and Europe on Thursday (Friday in Manila) accused Russia of blocking any solution to the conflict in eastern Ukraine. The remarks came during a United Nations Security Council video conference convened by Moscow to mark the sixth anniversary of the so-called Minsk II accords, agreed in February 2015 to end the war in the Donbass region. "Russia must immediately cease its aggression in eastern Ukraine and end its occupation of Crimea," US diplomat Rodney Hunter said. "We call on Russia to withdraw its forces from Ukraine, cease its support for its proxies and other armed groups, and implement all of the commitments it made under the Minsk agreements." A joint declaration condemning ongoing instability in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions was issued by European members of the Security Council, as well as Germany, which along with France co-sponsored the Minsk accords between Moscow and Kiev. "By the use of force against the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine, Russia is clearly violating fundamental principles of international law," the declaration states. "We again call on the Russian Federation to immediately stop fueling the conflict by providing financial and military support to the armed formations it backs,… Read full this story
- Boris Nemtsov allies release report on Russian troops in Ukraine
- Putin 'seriously concerned' after Ukraine votes to impose martial law
- Side issues loom over G-20 summit as world leaders arrive
- NATO's Jens Stoltenberg: 'We don't want a new Cold War' with Russia
- How Russia's Putin became the go-to man on Syria
- Russia May Break Off Diplomatic Relations With Ukraine Over Crimea Attacks Plot
- Ukraine continues to battle forest fire near Chernobyl
- Russia's new low-cost airline makes maiden flight to Crimea
- Chernobyl fire under control, Ukraine officials say
- Austrian colonel 'spied for Russia since 1990s'
US, Europe hit Russia over Ukraine issue have 295 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at February 12, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.