Slack is a great communication app, but it can do much more than just hold a back-and-forth conversation between you and your colleagues. Here's how to keep up with your favorite websites by adding RSS feeds to Slack . Despite social media feeds and mobile apps, RSS feeds are still one of the easiest and simplest ways to consume the output of a website. Like SMS and email, RSS feeds are robust, simple, and supported just about everywhere, which is why—like SMS and email—they're likely to be around for a very long time. So if you want to keep an eye on what's published by a website or blog, then RSS feeds are the best way to do it. Slack allows you to connect as many RSS feeds to whatever channels you like as you want. The first thing you'll need to do is install the free RSS app from the Slack directory. Once that's done, you can add feeds to a specific Slack channel by using slash commands in the chat window, or you can manage all your feeds from the RSS app page . There are three slash commands you can use to manage feeds in a channel…. Read full this story
- What is RSS and How to Read RSS Feeds
- RSS Feeds - The Convenience of Autoupdates
- RSS Feeds - What Are They and What Are They For?
- What Is A RSS Feed - The Lowdown On RSS Feeds
- What is an RSS Feed?
- Revealed - How RSS Feeds Flood Your Websites With Streams of Traffic
- 4 Smart Tips About RSS Feeds to Create a Steady Unceasing Traffic Stream!
- How to Promote Your Network Marketing Business With an RSS Feed
- How to Generate Traffic From RSS Feeds
- What is This Thing Called an RSS Feed?
How to Send RSS Feeds to a Slack Channel have 302 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.