Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Artificial Intelligence is going to change our world, that's inevitable. But in what way it changes our world is still up to us. And for LGBTQ people, often marginalised by traditional systems, we need to be wary of how AI could filter us out. Because if we don't it could tell our story incorrectly, and leave us behind, as the technology expands. Indeed, one expert in the field, anthropologist Mary L. Gray, believes AI will "always fail LGBTQ people." She believes it will be up to us, to forever make sure AI not only reflects us, but the way we want our world to look too. If you take AI down to its most basic level, the binary code of 0 and 1s, you can start to understand why it might ignore queerness. After all, we're a community that at our foundation recognises, at least at some level, the fluidity of gender and sexual binaries. Though it has changed and transformed, that understanding in our community is at the heart of our queer human experience. And it is the very fact that we grow and develop our identities, and our community, which means AI will… Read full this story
- Is Australia falling behind in artificial intelligence?
- At last, a way to build artificial intelligence with business results in mind: ModelOps
- How artificial intelligence will transform Wall Street
- Made in China 2025: Forget cheap goods, think world's best artificial intelligence
- Retailers using artificial intelligence to work out top price you'll pay
- The Data Paradox: Artificial Intelligence Needs Data; Data Needs AI
- The Uneasy Alliance Between Business Leaders And Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence Has Caused A 50% To 70% Decrease In Wages—Creating Income Inequality And Threatening Millions Of Jobs
- AI 50: America’s Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies
- What is artificial intelligence?
Why Artificial Intelligence Is Set Up To Fail LGBTQ People have 302 words, post on www.forbes.com at March 21, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.