Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is a great security tool, and we always recommend it . Most apps make it pretty easy to turn on 2FA, and eBay is no exception. Here's how to enable it and make yourself safer. You can set up 2FA in either the eBay mobile app for iPhone or Android or on the eBay desktop website . One difference with eBay's 2FA is that if you set it up in the mobile app, you have to use the eBay app for verification when you sign in to the website. If you want to set up SMS verification, you'll need to set up 2FA on eBay's website rather than on the mobile app. It's not unknown for services to use app-based logins within their own app , but it's unusual that there's no option to use an authenticator app like Authy (our preferred authenticator app ), Google Authenticator, or Microsoft Authenticator. Still, that's no reason not to turn 2FA on, as it's by far the most effective way of stopping unauthorized access to an online service. Set up 2FA on the eBay Mobile App To start, open the eBay app on your smartphone or tablet, then select the… Read full this story
- How to enable two-factor authentication on your Google account
- How to set up two-factor authentication for your Amazon account
- How to install and set up Authy for two-factor authentication on your Android
- Kobe Bryant memorabilia is selling for up to $3 million on eBay
- It’s part-eBay, part-Instagram, but is Depop safe for your teenagers?
- Frank Sinatra letter found at Houston estate sale to be sold on eBay
- The Ring Control Center makes it easy to manage privacy and security settings
- Ring's new security Control Center tweaks police request settings
- Police force wants someone to run eBay account for £20k-a-year to flog seized goods — almost as much as new cops earn
- Kobe Bryant Memorabilia Selling for Millions on eBay Following Death in Helicopter Crash
How to Set up Two-Factor Authentication on eBay have 333 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at April 3, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.