After over three decades of Microsoft Windows success, there have been some clear failures along the way. With that in mind, we've picked the six worst versions of Windows. All of these made us want to stick to older, better versions of Windows, or use alternatives like Macs or Linux instead. The Ranking Criteria Most of us know a bad version of Windows when we see it. Maybe we've experienced personal pain in wrestling with its bugs, or lost time reinstalling it over and over again, or heard stories about how often it's crashed. In developing this list, we considered the following metrics: How much people hated each version (appearances on other worst-of lists), how poorly it sold, how slowly it was adopted, how bad its reviews were, the length of its lifespan on the market, and our own personal experiences with the software. For fun, we also googled "Windows [x] Sucks," and tallied up the results. Honestly, there's no hard science to this, so you might not agree with our exact ranking, but we can confidently predict this: If you ran at least one of these versions of Windows, you wanted to upgrade. For simplicity's sake, we're going to… Read full this story
- What were we thinking? The worst trends of the decade – ranked!
- My decade on Instagram, the 2010s’ most superficial social network
- Apex Legends Mirage guide (Season 2): Mirage tips and tricks, abilities, hitbox
- Has Dying Light been improved by its updates?
- Symposium Part One: Review Scores
- The Internet Isn’t Really Free – Who Is Censoring It & Why
- From Facebook fails to 5G, here are the biggest stories of the decade
The 6 Worst Versions of Windows, Ranked have 283 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at April 5, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.