THE Voice's Kelly Clarkson and guest coach Snoop Dogg broke down in tears as contestant Anna Grace revealed she "almost died" from a serious illness. On tonight's episode of the NBC competition, the rapper – who is this season's Mega Mentor – and pop star both had "tears streaming" during the emotional performance. The Voice contender, Anna, 20, rehearsed with her superstar coaches before participating in the second Battle Rounds. She explained that she was going to do The Band Perry's country hit, If I Die Young, but added her own personal spin to the track. "This song is a tense song," Kelly , 39, said as she asked why she chose the sad ballad. Anna replied: "When I was 17, I got really sick with a bunch of infections and nearly lost my life because of that. "Music is what got me through this. 'If I Die Young,' that was almost me. The line that hits me the most is 'lord make me a rainbow I'll shine down on my mother.' "Because my mom and I are so close, I was worried what would happen to her if something happened to me. That's still my biggest fear everyday. She's… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson channels Churchill to say we are near the 'end of the first phase' in fight against coronavirus - but lockdown MUST go on - and pledges 'open and transparent' debate with Opposition and business leaders to get Britain back to work
- 'American Idol' Top 20 Wonder: What Would It Be Like to Win From Home?
- 17 Health Care Workers Who Prove It's the Year of the Nurse
- 'I love fame': how Caroline Calloway survived being cancelled
- Hong Kong's mental health had already been battered by the protests. Then came the coronavirus
The Voice’s Kelly Clarkson & Snoop Dogg break down in tears as contestant Anna Grace says she ‘almost died’ from illness have 313 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 27, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.