Rishi Sunak discusses freeports announcement Sign up to receive our rundown of the day’s top stories direct to your inbox SUBSCRIBE Invalid email When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time. One of the cornerstone announcements in the Spring Budget was the location of eight new freeports in England. Chancellor Rishi Sunak confirmed they will be located at East Midlands Airport, Felixstowe and Harwich, the Humber region, the Liverpool City Region, Plymouth, Solent, Thames and Teesside. Freeports will benefit from incentives relating to customs, tax, planning, regeneration, infrastructure and innovation. Related articles GB News chief declares war on Remainers who acted 'in favour of EU’ Gibraltar panic: EU ordered to act as key deadline nears The successful bidders in England will be able to access a share of £175million of seed capital funding, depending on the submission of an outline business case. According to the chief executive of Maritime UK, Ben Murray, Britain could have set up freeports way before leaving… Read full this story
- New 'red tape' risks catastrophic Brexit disruption - UK and EU ordered to act
- Brexit fightback: UK bans EU seed potato imports in snub at Brussels
- Liberal Democrats suffer Brexit backlash for using coronavirus as excuse to STAY in the EU
- Brexit threatens to spark EU crisis: 'Bloc will be smaller, poorer and weaker'
- Brexit: SNP loses to Boris with sensational bid to change UK rules - EU vote LOST
- Act now Boris! Brexiteer exposes EU's plan to 'damage' and break up UK
- 'Exploiters!' EU blasted over unethical Africa trade policy as Brexit offers UK new path
- Brexit wins! UK has secured THREE massive fishing victories over EU, says industry insider
- Brexiteer highlights UK's secret weapon in defeating EU - and mocks bloc over Thatcher
- Gibraltar and UK hit back after von der Leyen hints Brexit treaty will favour EU
Brexit exposes how UK used EU membership as 'excuse' not to invest in British industry have 339 words, post on www.express.co.uk at May 27, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.