Listen to this article What does nine years of Audi evolution look like? Visually, there isn’t a tremendous distinction between the new S3 and old RS3 from 2012. Sure, the grille is much bigger on the latest Audi and there are plenty of styling cues to easily identify new from old, but the overall profile is nearly the same. They also weigh the same, shift seven gears with dual-clutch transmissions, and their as-new sticker prices are nearly identical, too. It’s certainly not the same story under the skin. Among other things, the old RS3 holds a power advantage with its larger 2.5-liter inline-five, turbocharged to deliver a sensational-sounding 340 horsepower (254 kilowatts). The S3 isn’t a slouch, however, with 310 hp (231 kW) from its turbocharged 2.0-liter engine. The RS3 also holds a slight torque advantage, so on paper it should be the quicker of the two, albeit slightly. The variables come down to details such as gear ratios and tech improvements for better launches and quicker shifts. Gallery: 2021 Audi S3 Sportback and S3 Sedan 56 Photos We don’t have details on gear ratios, but after three standing-start drag races, it’s clear the S3 is still very competitive with… Read full this story
- Audi's McNish Claims Provisional Front Row At Le Mans
- Do You Have Hot Buttons?
- Thinking of Buying a Used Treadmill - Are You Crazy? Do Not Make These 5 Stupid Mistakes
- An Education In Pinhooking
- Doc's 2005 WAC Preview -- Conference Will Get National Attention In 2005 With Two Strong Programs
- Your Team Members Don't Have To Be Perfect
- What's the Best Car to Drive: European, Asian, or American-Fact or Opinion
- The Secret to Motivating Others
- Dukes of Hazzard
- Driving Across the United States is Surprisingly Fun and Educational
New Audi S3 Vs Old Audi RS3 Hot Hatch Drag Race Is Crazy Close have 280 words, post on www.motor1.com at May 12, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.