Smart shades may not be the first smart product we think of when envisioning automation for the home, but they're one of the most innovative. Having blinds that raise and lower with voice commands or on a set schedule is one of the best ways to create the illusion of people being home, even if you're away. Smart blinds are also an effective way to save on your energy bill . Let in more light, keep the heat turned down, and let the sun save you some dough. We've put together a list of some of our favorite smart blinds, from simple do-it-yourself innovations to flagship offerings from some of the leading shade makers. Further reading Best smart bulbs Best smart thermostats Best smart locks Tilt MySmartRollerShades Available in several colors and material types (including blackout options), the Tilt MySmartRollerShades are an ideal option for those looking to dive into the world of smart shades without the burden of overly-complicated tech. The shade motors are powered by solar-charged battery packs, which means no worrying about recharging your power source throughout the year. Once installed (compatible with windows 23 inches to 74 inches wide), all of your main controls are handled… Read full this story
- Best smart devices, recover lost files and more: Tech Q&A
- Mayor unveils plan to transform Seoul into 'smart' city | Yonhap News Agency
- Twiggy among stars promoting smart meters raising bills by £50m a year
- Digital revolution or digital regression?
- ‘Will You Accept this Prose?’ Go on a blind date with a book this Valentine’s Day
- 17 smart devices under $100 that will transform your home
- Suit Against Grindr Over Harassment Is Part of a Trending Assault on Internet Freedom
- Who'll find love on our blind date? This week it's Gill and David
- Digital assistants should discuss whether to report illegal activity
- Best video baby monitors worth investing in to ensure your baby is safe
The Best Smart Blinds for 2021 | Digital Trends have 315 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at May 16, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.