Humidity can have a huge effect on how hot it really feels outside. Thankfully, weather apps typically include humidity numbers, but you're probably looking at the wrong ones. What you should be checking is the dew point. The Problem with Humidity Pretty much every weather app has a percentage listed for "humidity." The full name for this metric is "relative humidity." It tells us how much the air is saturated with water. Most people assume that a high relative humidity percentage is what determines how humid it feels, but that's not entirely true. Here's the problem: Warm air can hold more water than cold air. Imagine that there are cups of varying sizes in front of you filled halfway with water. They're all 50% full, but the biggest cup clearly has more total water than the smallest. The big cup is like warm air. It has a higher capacity to hold water. Now, apply this to the real world. 100% humidity on a 55°F day won't feel as "muggy" as 50% humidity on a hot 95°F day. The hot day has a higher capacity for water in the air. This is why simply looking at the relative humidity percentages isn't a… Read full this story
- David Beckham forgets to wear his seatbelt as he drives daughter Harper in his £80k Land Rover to pick up treats from village deli near family's Cotswolds home
- Randeep Hooda says at Irrfan’s funeral, nobody could really hug each other: That’s the new normal we’ll soon have to get used to
- DR MAX THE MIND DOCTOR: Unleash your creativity and feel SMILES better during the coronavirus lockdown
- 'It feels like we've gone back two years': Christine McGuinness admits lockdown has had a 'heartbreaking' affect on her three autistic children's development
- Forget baking. During Covid-19, you need to learn how to have a conversation
- 'We're forgetting the lessons of 1945': young people on VE Day
- When the Outside Matters More Than Ever: 6 Curb Appeal Tricks To Attract Buyers During Coronavirus
- How Much Water Do We Really Need To Drink?
- 'Battlefield Earth,' 20 Years Later: Talking to the Design Team Behind the Looks That We Can't Forget
- More than HALF of Americans forgetting what day it is and 80 percent say they all ‘blur together’ during COVID lockdowns
Forget Humidity, Dew Point Is How It Really Feels Outside have 390 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at June 12, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.