The Bee Gees' "Stayin' Alive," that classic dance-floor ode to doing whatever it takes to keep your head above water, was playing in a coffee shop in Brooklyn when Anthony Ramos sidled in one chilly April morning. Ramos may not be a celebrity to you yet, but he was easily made by the barista in Park Slope, who turned out to be a courteous fan. Along with his latte, Ramos was given a few stickers promoting the drag queen persona of his admiring server and some kind words of congratulation on his recent success. Ramos received his tributes with humility. He respected a fellow hustler when he saw one. This just might be the summer of Anthony Ramos, when this Brooklyn-bred actor — who has already parlayed his freckled face, built-for-Calvin Klein physique and founding role in the Broadway cast of "Hamilton" into a prolific screen and recording career — takes his place in the Hollywood firmament. If he does, it will be largely on the basis of his exuberant lead performance in the film version of " In the Heights ," which is adapted from the Tony Award-winning musical about the interlocking lives of an Upper Manhattan neighborhood, and… Read full this story
- Watch Anthony Ramos Perform in ‘In the Heights’
- Who is Anthony Ramos’ fiancée Jasmine Cephas Jones?
- ‘In The Heights’ Filmmakers Hope Story Brings Message Of Hope To Communities Of Immigrants
- ‘In the Heights’ Will Premiere at the Tribeca Festival
- 'In The Heights': Post-Credits Scene Explained
- 'In the Heights': Lin-Manuel Miranda's Musical That Pre-Dates 'Hamilton'
- Before there was Hamilton, there was In the Heights. Here's what you need to know about the movie
- ‘In the Heights’ Proves Movie Musicals Are Back
- ‘In the Heights’ Premiere Celebrates the Neighborhood That Started It All
- Lin Manuel Miranda’s ‘In The Heights:’ A Love Letter To Neighborhood, Tribute To Immigrant Community
With ‘In the Heights,’ Anthony Ramos Finds Stardom on His Own Terms have 312 words, post on www.nytimes.com at June 3, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.