Alan Titchmarsh provides advice for sprouting seed potatoes Sign up for FREE now and never miss the top politics stories again SUBSCRIBE Invalid email When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time. The Department for Food, Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) restricted the imports of seed potatoes from the European Union after deciding not to renew a six-month authorisation. The six-month grace period had allowed imports from European Countries since the end of the Brexit transition period on January 1. Related articles James Brokenshire resigns: Minister stands down over cancer battle ‘Take responsibility!’ Boris lets rip at SNP as he attacks record But Ministers will now consider applications to market imported seed potatoes from the bloc on a case-by-case basis following an industry-wide consultation. It comes after the European Union refused repeated requests by UK ministers to authorise the export of seed potatoes from Britain since January 1, 2021. Brussels has banned the export of seed spuds from Great Britain… Read full this story
- Britain hands in Brexit documents as its EU lawmakers say 'au revoir'
- Brexit: MPs call on EU to protect UK citizens in no-deal scenario
- Brexit day: UK leaves the European Union — live updates
- Brexit: The UK's last day in the European Union — as it happened
- Boris Johnson signs Withdrawal Agreement in historic moment for UK and EU
- Brexit: British MEPs pack boxes as their time in Brussels comes to an end
- Brexit deal cleared by EU parliament; UK set to leave on Friday
- Brexit deal cleared by EU Parliament; UK set to leave Friday
- EU backs terms of Brexit deal, UK set to leave Friday
- Brexit leaves UK caught between Washington and Beijing
Brexit fightback: UK bans EU seed potato imports in snub at Brussels have 306 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 8, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.