Coronavirus: Fabian Picardo 'Brexit has prepared us well' Sign up for FREE now and never miss the top politics stories again SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info The British Overseas Territory is not covered by the UK's Trade and Cooperation Agreement and separate negotiations with the EU are set to take place to agree a post-Brexit treaty. London, Gibraltar and Madrid wanted talks for the cooperation treaty could be concluded by the end of June. Related articles Norway passes landmark Brexit deal with UK after heated Oslo debate Brexit fightback: UK bans EU seed potato imports in snub at Brussels However, the timeline was delayed as the European Commission was yet to conclude seeking a mandate from the European Council. In a sign that upcoming negotiations with the bloc may be tough, Fabian Picardo warned once the mandate is presented, it could contain aspects not to the Rock's liking as well as the UK. He added: "We must all realise that when the mandate… Read full this story
- Brexit latest news: EU leaders 'agree delay until October 31
- Brexit latest news: EU agrees to delay Brexit until May 22 if deal passes Commons
- Brexit latest news: EU locked in talks on 'plan B' for May if deal fails again
- Gibraltarians urged to sign Brexit petition ahead of critical day in the Commons
- Long shot: Germany wants to expand INF treaty to China, after US already buried it
- Donald Tusk recommends EU insists on a year-long Brexit extension as MPs vote to delay until June 30
- Brexit delay: EU plots year-long extension ahead of summit with Theresa May
- Winds of change in Germany after EU elections?
- Brexit latest news: Majority of EU countries favour long delay as Theresa May asks Angela Merkel for short extension
- Theresa May faces her day of reckoning on Brexit
Gibraltar and UK hit back after von der Leyen hints Brexit treaty will favour EU have 339 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 8, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.