Snake Eyes (Henry Golding) is a walking, talking origin story. He's a cipher with only a boilerplate inciting incident to his name, which of course that incident handily yet nonsensically explains. The nickname comprises much of his personality; the rest is his nagging thirst for vengeance against the man who killed his father. Like his fellow just-barely-anti-hero Wolverine, Snake Eyes spends time as a drifter and gets tangled up with the y . Unlike Wolverine, this character is difficult to picture as part of a bigger, grander adventure . Despite its Snake Eyes is supposed to be prequelizing, if not for an innocent question that comes over an hour into the movie: "So what's the deal with Cobra?" Ah, there's that subtitle: It's G.I. Joe Origins , and it explains Snake's rootlessness. He's filling in backstory for a character who didn't speak during his appearances in a couple of movies that came out nearly a decade ago, based on a toy line whose popularity peaked well before that. Somehow, Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins not only exists but also Red and a couple of Divergent s . All together, this might make Snake Eyes the world's first 2014 nostalgia object…. Read full this story
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
- Assassin’s Creed Origins vs. Middle-Earth: Shadow of War – which action adventure delivers the killer blow?
- Halo 4 review: The definition of playing it safe
- Countdown to Skyward Sword Part VI: Of Gold and Legendary Blades
- Xbox Originals premium TV lineup announced, Microsoft eyes Gears of War and Fable
- Why MGS5’s ending is one perfect moment in a bad story
- What was the first PC game you played?
- ‘Joe Danger: Special Edition’ Review
- For Aerosmith’s Joe Perry, feeling ‘in the room’ is the pinnacle of hi-fi sound
- From shareware superstars to the Steam gold rush: How indie conquered the PC
Henry Golding plays Snake Eyes in a slick G.I. Joe origin story have 318 words, post on www.avclub.com at July 22, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.