General Mark Milley, who has been chair of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff since 1 October 2019, was fearful that Trump might use the American military to stay in power after losing the 2020 election, The New Yorker has reported citing “a variety of sources”. According to the media outlet, the general had these fears since the summer of 2020, when the outcome of the election was still hard to predict. ‘Reichstag Moment’ Milley reportedly had two “nightmare scenarios”. In one of them, Trump would use the military on US streets to “prevent the legitimate, peaceful transfer of power”. Not only did this scenario not come to life, but Trump dismissed all allegations that he planned any form of a coup following his election loss. The former POTUS further mocked the idea that he would rely on Mark Milley in this endeavour, calling him the “world’s most overrated general”. The second scenario Milley had, suggested that Trump would have a “Reichstag moment” of his own, The New Yorker reported. According to the media platform, the general feared that the president would resort to a tactic presumably used by Adolf Hitler, who created a domestic crisis by setting the Reichstag… Read full this story
- America’s Next Phony War: Will Iran Be Trump’s Iraq?
- Transcript: Trump’s State of the Union, Annotated
- Iran's Top General in Iraq and Syria, Who Threatened Donald Trump, Gets Nation’s Highest Award
- Trump refuses to comment on whether Mueller report should be made public
- Donald Trump Reacts to New Zealand Mosque Shooting by Downplaying White Nationalism Threat, Unlike Other World Leaders
- Trump’s petty fights and insults with CIA will make us all less safe
- EDITORIAL: Mueller report marks a good day for America — now let us read it
- Adam Schiff Says 'Individual 1' Donald Trump Should Be Prosecuted—And He’s Not Giving Up
- Large Democratic Presidential Field Targets Trump
- Robert Mueller submits his final report on Russia probe; no new indictments expected
'His Reichstag Moment': Mark Milley Reportedly Feared Trump Might Attack Iran to Stay in Power have 320 words, post on sputniknews.com at July 16, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.