Penny Mordaunt hits out at the EU over Northern Ireland Sign up to receive our rundown of the day’s top stories direct to your inbox SUBSCRIBE Invalid email We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info Several Northern Irish supermarkets have now issued an urgent call for action. Six companies, which represent 75 percent of the Northern Ireland's grocery market, have written a letter to the European Commission vice president Maros Sefcovic and the Brexit minister Lord Frost urging for immediate action over trade between Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Related articles EU issues Brexit warning to Lord Frost ahead of crucial statement Brexit warning: 26 EU states ‘lining up’ to take on UK for Ireland They urged both the UK and the EU to host talks, visit their supply chains and distribution centres, as well as come up with a solution to the problem. The companies warned that "without swift, decisive and co-operative movement on this issue there will be disruption". At the moment, the Northern Ireland… Read full this story
- Britain announces draft Brexit deal with EU
- VN’s start-ups have ambitious plans, but is red tape holding back development?
- UK set to publish Brexit plan that sparked rebellion
- Brexit is costing the UK economy $1 billion a week. And it could get worse
- Brexit interim deal 'only if necessary': minister
- More prosecuted for public order disruption at Dong Nai IZs
- UK PM May reaches out to rivals after winning confidence vote
- Factbox: Five questions for Britain and Europe after Brexit vote
- May to meet Merkel, Macron ahead of crucial Brexit summit
- British PM plots next move in Brexit stalemate
New 'red tape' risks catastrophic Brexit disruption - UK and EU ordered to act have 299 words, post on www.express.co.uk at July 18, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.