MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – It's back-to-school for many in a few weeks, but after more than a year at home during the pandemic, many children returning will be burdened with feelings of anxiety. For Fatima Igdi, her daughter is feeling a rollercoaster of emotions as kindergarten is fast approaching. READ MORE: Several Minnesota Cities Using AI Tool To Monitor Residents’ Social Media The jitters and nerves are normal though according to Parents in Community Action (PICA) teacher Chau Nguyen. "The environment is different. The transition is more challenging," said Nguyen. "Once they enter into PICA doors, we prepare them throughout the process by working with families side by side." PICA supports families by providing comprehensive services including early childhood development, health services, workforce development programs and parent training opportunities. Nguyen said there are many ways to ease your child's nerves: first, you can start off with positivity. "Get excited, that's a very important thing, is getting kids excited to go to kindergarten," explained Nguyen. "It's something that's going to be fun, they're going to meet new friends, new teachers and it's going to be a safe place for them." Allina Health Clinical Psychologist Meghan Miller said they're seeing an overarching increase… Read full this story
- 12 ways to help kids cope with school anxiety
- Green-eyed, furry roommate eases college anxiety
- After Las Vegas shooting, will hotels beef up security? Experts weigh in
- Cameron Diaz gets married on a Monday: Experts weigh in on weekday weddings
- My favorite fitness app: Diet experts weigh in on devices that keep them in shape
- Chromebooks abound in Oshkosh schools
- 217 city elementary and middle schools could face closure after earning bad grades on Department of Education report cards
- School tax burden tamed, at a cost
- What if the state set no standards for public schools?
- Veterans are using pot to ease PTSD, despite scant research
Experts Weigh In On How To Ease Back-To-School Anxiety have 324 words, post on minnesota.cbslocal.com at August 24, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.