Some members of a high school football team are accused of sexually assaulting two freshmen in a locker room, according to a federal lawsuit filed Monday by the boys’ parents, the Associated Press reported. The lawsuit, which names three football coaches and the school district, alleges that the teen boys were sexually assaulted as part of a hazing tradition by older players at the Plainfield Central High School in suburban Chicago, and that three adult coaches were aware of the practice. Attorney Antonio M. Romanucci said in a statement that the parents sought to hold the coaches accountable for not intervening. “The dreadful experience suffered by these two teenage boys is horrifying, not only because it was physically and emotionally traumatizing, but also because it was completely preventable,” Romanucci said. “Coaches were aware of these gruesome hazing traditions and looked the other way, allowing it to happen.” For more reporting from the Associated Press, see below. In the lawsuit, the parents contend that on October 17, 2019, the older boys surrounded their sons, pinned them to the ground and assaulted them with a broomstick with such force that it broke. The parents, who are identified only as Jane and John… Read full this story
- High school football coach, 38, is arrested after cops get hold of an Instagram video of him performing a sex act with a student
- Trump Embraces Accused Sexual Assault Enabler Jim Jordan in Ohio
- Art Briles Hired To Coach Football At Texas High School
- High School Whose Students Taunted Predominantly Black School With Trump Flag Dropped Out Of MLK Day Tourney
- Report: Two Baylor Football Players Are Connected To Sexual Assault Investigation
- Kavanaugh friend denies claim Supreme Court pick tried to sexually assault girl in teen years but wrote of alcohol-fueled 'wild behavior' at all-boys Catholic school that included a stripper at a teacher's bachelor party
- 'I thought he might inadvertently kill me': Woman who accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her as a teen reveals herself to be a University professor, aged 51, as she goes public with her harrowing account
- Baylor Will Settle Lawsuit With Ex-Student Who Accused It Of Creating A "Hunting Ground For Sexual Assault Predators"
- Pierce College Coach Accused Of Renting Locker Room To Players
- Jaguars DT Marcell Dareus Has Been Accused Of Sexual Assault In Two Separate Lawsuits
High school football team accused of sexual assault on 2 freshmen in locker room have 379 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 23, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.