Parenting expert, journalist and mother of two, Ericka Sóuter, explores in her new book, “How to Have a Kid and a Life: A Survival Guide,” why moms need close, authentic relationships with other women and shares a clear formula for making new friends as a parent. Read an excerpt of her book below on how authentic friends can save your sanity. When recalling the early days of motherhood, most women I spoke with lamented the irony of never actually being alone (because of the baby) but feeling so lonesome. One reason many mothers today feel they are “alone in this” has to do with a cultural shift in the way we live out our adult lives. Once upon a time, generation after generation was raised in the same town, oftentimes on the same block. I grew up in a small midwestern city and had many of the same high school teachers my aunts and uncles did. Family was just a phone call or a short drive away, there to step in if my parents needed help. I didn't appreciate how sanity saving that must have been until I was parenting hundreds of miles away from them all with only paid… Read full this story
- Lorde feels lonely amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Lorde touches upon feeling lonely during the ongoing pandemic
- People still feeling lonely and isolated as they work from home one year after Covid-19 pandemic began
- Reasons to hope: 16 companies, people, and ideas that might save the planet
- Lockdown change will let people use toilet at friends' houses and drink at beer gardens
- I Didn’t Have Friends. Then I Met Him.
- A quarter of older people want to make new friends but have no idea how to as they ‘can’t do small talk’, study reveals
- Money-saving tips from a super frugal influencer who owns two properties in China
- Why Are People Nostalgic for Early-Pandemic Life?
- ‘Unusual Situation’: Why Gas Prices Are So Expensive – And How You Can Save Money
How can I know so many people but still feel so lonely? Authentic friends will save your sanity have 327 words, post on abcnews.go.com at August 24, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.