The 73rd Primetime Emmy Awards will air on September 19. It's an interesting year to celebrate television, when most audiences have been indoors and clinging to the medium as a way to pull through, well, everything. The 2021 Emmys will look slightly different than last year's because several notable series—among them, Succession , Barry , Insecure , The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel , Ozark , and Better Call Saul —were left out of the running due to pandemic-related delays. (At this moment, we only have premiere dates for Succession 's third season and the final season of Insecure .) As a result, a few previously overlooked shows and performers have secured a spot among the nominees, including Amazon Prime Video's The Boys , Hulu's Pen15 , and Pose star MJ Rodriguez. Advertisement This year's group of nominations has plenty of familiar faces, but there are also a few head-scratchers . Before the nomination period even began, the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (a.k.a. the TV Academy) reversed its December 2020 decision to combine the Variety Sketch and Variety Talk categories . These vacillations and other changes reflect the Academy's attempts to navigate TV's shifting landscape. Since the advent of streaming,… Read full this story
- Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Is Pushing Back on Georgia’s Voting Restrictions
- Should national headlines on Lafayette mask mandate, library snafus prompt local leaders to act?
- ‘Watchmen’s Regina King Wins Fourth Career Emmy, Thanks Series Creator Damon Lindelof “For Your Brilliant Mind”
- Wear face masks, follow COVID guidelines or face another lockdown: Imran Khan warns people
- Every Academy Awards Voting Branch Ranked by Taste
- 63 Memorable Moments From Every Year in Grammy History
- The Hill's 12:30 Report — Presented by Facebook — CDC updates guidelines for students
- Morning Briefing: Top stories from The Straits Times on April 15
- Assembly elections 2021: Stage set for voting in 4 states, Puducherry today amid heavy security
- Colorado civil unions bill signed by Gov. John Hickenlooper at History Colorado Center
A brief history of Emmys voting guidelines—and snafus have 325 words, post on www.avclub.com at September 18, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.