At least a comedian can get some material out of a turn in the social media idiot-storm. That's how Patton Oswalt approached the recent backlash against his decision to cancel a few shows in his first post-lockdown stand-up tour, anyway. Appearing on Monday's Tonight Show to promote the third season of his rescued-by-Peacock sitcom A.P. Bio , the comic, actor, author, podcaster , and occasional supervillain was typically self-effacing about the furor amongst a predictably vocal minority concerning his decision to cancel several shows rather than potentially lure fans into a state-mandated COVID trap. Advertisement "Don't roll the dice for that stuff," Oswalt told Jimmy Fallon while imagining a COVID-striken Patton Oswalt fan's last words being, "I'm so glad I got to see that fat nerd whine about The Madalorian ." (Oswalt noted that at least the poor guy should have held out for Lizzo .) Now, Patton Oswalt is a funny guy, certainly, but part of his appeal has always been his ability to cut through the nonsense in unique ways, and it's hard to imagine anyone who actually enjoys Oswalt's work objecting to the comedian killing a few stand-up dates rather than actual human beings in his audience…. Read full this story
- The Haunting Reality of What Was Lost When Gianna Bryant Died With Dad Kobe Bryant
- Where is Michael Barrymore now? Net worth, wife, age and why he quit Dancing On Ice
- Seitz on the 2013 Emmy Nominations: Favorites and Snubs
- ‘Saturday Night’ – Live!
- Heartbroken Vanessa Bryant holds it together to pay tribute to Kobe and Gianna, 13, after suing 'reckless' chopper firm for their deaths - as Beyonce lifts roof at Staples Center memorial and Los Angeles bids farewell to its favorite son
- Coronavirus updates: How the virus is affecting sports in the United States, around the world
- BREAKING NEWS: Bernie Sanders wins California on night of Super Tuesday drama with Texas too close to call as Joe Biden seizes eight states in shock upset - and Mike Bloomberg considers dropping out
- One thousand people who came into contact with coronavirus NY lawyer are ordered to self-quarantine after he infected his wife, son, daughter and neighbor - while LA County declares state of emergency with six new cases and US death toll hits 11
- California museums and theaters shift coronavirus planning into a higher gear
- Read the full transcript of the South Carolina Democratic debate
Patton Oswalt assures Florida and Utah audiences that his cancelled shows weren't worth dying for have 405 words, post on www.avclub.com at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.