The Toronto Blue Jays continue to be the story in MLB right now. They blistered the Rays last night as Tampa was on another bullpen game to the tune of 8-1 . It was the Jays' 12th win in 13 games, keeping them in the wild-card spots. And it was highlighted by Vlad Guerrero Jr. obliterating a ball for his 45th homer: Advertisement That ball had an exit velocity of 113 MPH, which doesn't really measure the venom this one got over the fence with. This was an invading force of a homer. An angry meteor. It seemingly got out in less than a second, with a launch angle of just 15 degrees, which would be only the third homer with a launch angle that low or lower. But let's not ruin this kind of thing with numbers and Statcast, though they help fill in the background. The 45 homers means Vlad has hit the fourth-most homers of any player 22 years of age or under in the history of the game, and he's got three weeks to top the 47 that Eddie Mathews hit in 1953. The other two names Vlad will likely pass are Joe DiMaggio and Johnny… Read full this story
- Guerrero Jr. hits 2 HRs, Blue Jays beat Giants 7-3
- Spring training roundup: Tigers pound Yankees' Cole
- MLB 2020 season: Ranking teams under the most pressure, with Yankees, Dodgers thinking title or bust
- With 3 Homers In 2 Days, Bryce Harper Already In Midseason Form For Phillies
- Cubs RHP Darvish feeling better after sick day
- The Latest: Gould connects again, 49ers take 13-10 lead
- HHS Secretary Alex Azar warns the US is still in the 'early stages' of the coronavirus outbreak and tells Americans to brace for 'more aggressive containment efforts'
- 25 Shocking Secrets About
- MCU recap: A complete rundown of every Marvel movie up until Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Why Trump hired Ken Starr and Alan Dershowitz
Vlad Guerrero Jr. smashed a baseball so hard it opened a wormhole have 309 words, post on deadspin.com at September 14, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.