Here's what's happening in the world of television for Thursday, October 14. All times are Eastern. Advertisement Top pick Aquaman: King Of Atlantis (HBO Max, 3:01 a.m., series premiere): Cynical superhero fans, or those self-conscious about the things they like being perceived as "silly," might hate the series of Aquaman: King Of Atlantis specials right out of the gate simply because they're not like the movies or other animated versions of Aquaman. But anyone who writes off this series is doing themselves a disservice. Aquaman: King Of Atlantis is an absolute joy. The series may seem like it's chasing the self-aware irony or kid-oriented stories of Teen Titans Go! , but it's carving its own niche. There's plenty of superhero action; King Of Atlantis just happens to be more concerned with being funny than anything else. And it is, thankfully, very funny. The 45-minute runtime can sometimes drag, since it's a fluffy comedy without a lot of meat to it, but that also gives it the freedom to let its jokes breathe in a way that something like SpongeBob SquarePants —possibly Aquaman's most direct comparison point, in terms of sense of humor—simply doesn't allow. Also, the voice cast is phenomenal,… Read full this story
- Why Are There SO Many Atlantis TV Shows?
- Many collections and competition between stuffed animal brands
- The Macabre Poems [Part Five: poems 81 to 110]
- Sirgylam, Last of the Rujmel-Hiri' Giants [Part 6, to "The Cadaverous Planets"] SF
- The Age of Light (With the: Macabre Pier (a Poetic Mytho))
- Tales of Poseidonia: Eventuaities [Part VII: Chapters 5 thru 9]
- After Eve [Conte Philosophique] Part One (Chapter One): The First Ballad
- EL Gnaw -- And the Asteroid Pygmies
- The Prehistoric Worldwide Import of the Great Lakes
- Sean John Combs’ Fashion
The animated Aquaman: King Of Atlantis makes its splashy debut have 302 words, post on www.avclub.com at October 14, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.