TOWSON, Md. (WJZ) — Recognizing that some members of the Towson University community are unable to go home for the holidays and the winter break, several offices around the campus have created care packages to address needs such as food insecurity, emergency shelter information, health care and mental health services, as well as suggestions for low- and no-cost activities. The university's Counseling Center partnered with the Center for Student Diversity, the International Students & Scholars office, Housing & Residence Life, and the Division of Student Affairs to put together the packages, which also include affirmation cards. READ MORE: Baltimore Businesses Host Subdued Celebrations, Quieter Crowds For New Years Eve Photo Credit: Towson University READ MORE: Homeless Baltimore Man, Daudi Boma, Wanders Baltimore Streets With Hidden, Rich Past "We will be distributing care packages and resource guides for students who may find themselves feeling lonely or in need of support this winter," G. Wei Ng, staff psychologist and diversity coordinator for the Counseling Center, said in a statement. "Additionally, there will be in-person programming in January where students can connect with each other to ward off feelings of isolation and loneliness over the long winter break." The university plans to continue… Read full this story
- Residents asked to donate Nov. 10 in Highland Heights to care packages for overseas troops
- Engineer creates special package to coat porch pirates in glitter, fart spray
- Watch: Engineer creates special package to coat porch pirates in glitter
- What happens with stolen packages?Porch pirates disrupt holiday season
- 51 ways to give back in Boston this holiday season
- Season's Greetings: Dozens of Things to Do This Holiday Season
- Homeless for the holidays: Some colleges keep needy students on campusYou may also be interested in...
- The Tough Road From Foster Care To College
- Patients suffered at nursing homes that went bankrupt after investors made millions
- New York fails to weed out nursing home owners with records of poor care
Towson University Groups Create Care Packages For Members Unable To Go Home For Holidays have 318 words, post on baltimore.cbslocal.com at December 31, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.