VIENNA (Reuters) -Negotiators at indirect talks between Iran and the United States have just weeks to reach an agreement on rescuing the 2015 Iran nuclear deal, European powers and the talks’ coordinator said as negotiations adjourned on Friday for at least 10 days. The talks have made little discernible progress since they resumed more than two weeks ago for the first time since Iran’s hardline president, Ebrahim Raisi, was elected in June. Tehran’s envoys have sought changes to the outline of an agreement that had taken shape in six previous rounds of talks, leaving the negotiations largely deadlocked while Western powers warn that time is running out to rein in Iran’s fast-advancing nuclear activities. “We don’t have months, we rather have weeks to have an agreement,” European Union envoy Enrique Mora told a news conference after a meeting that formally ended the seventh round of talks. He said he hoped they would resume this year, while some officials have mentioned Dec. 27 as a tentative date. Officials said Iran had requested the break, while Western powers had planned on staying until Tuesday. Mora and other officials said Iranian demands had been incorporated into the existing text so as to have… Read full this story
- EU attempts to save Iran nuclear deal with last-ditch effort -FT
- Stalled Iran nuclear talks have been 'reopened': EU
- EU sees reopening of Iran nuclear talks but US cautious
- India comes to Russia's rescue AGAIN as coal imports soar after record-breaking heatwave
- Top EU diplomat hopeful for deal at Iran nuclear talks
- White House "worries" Iran could be nuclear weapons ready in weeks
- Iran Welcomes Chinese Defense Minister, Seeks Closer Military Cooperation
- U.S. military says it's on "high level of alert" with Iran, contradicting its own coalition
- Wife of Swedish doctor facing execution in Iran: "They want to sacrifice my husband"
- A nuclear Iran would unleash a nightmare in the Middle East
Weeks left to rescue Iran nuclear deal, Western envoys say as talks break have 310 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at December 17, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.