A huge number of cyberattacks are exploiting a dangerous flaw called log4shell in the log4j software . One top U.S. cybersecurity official was quoted in Cyberscoop saying that is one of the most serious attacks of her career, "if not the most serious." Here's what makes it so bad—and how it affects you. What Is Log4j? The log4j bug (also called the log4shell vulnerability and known by the number CVE-2021-44228 ) is a weakness in some of the most widely used web server software, Apache. The bug is found in the open-source log4j library, a collection of pre-set commands programmers use to speed up their work and keep them from having to repeat complicated code. Libraries are the bedrock of many, if not most, programs as they're great timesavers. Instead of needing to write out a whole block of code time and time again for certain tasks, you just write a few commands which tell the program that they need to grab something from a library. Think of them like shortcuts you can put in your code. However, if something goes wrong, like in library log4j, that means that all programs that use that library are affected. That would be… Read full this story
- Unfixable flaw in nearly all Intel chips released in the last five years could allow cyber criminals to hijack computers and wreak 'utter chaos'
- Bernie Sanders: Coronavirus highlights the flaws in our health care and economic systems
- 5 years of Intel CPUs and chipsets have a concerning flaw that’s unfixable
- Android security patch 'flawed'
- Serious flaw that lurked in sudo for 9 years hands over root privileges
- Here’s why these laptops with Intel processors may be at ‘risk’
- Hackers can steal secret data stored in Intel’s SGX secure enclave
- How prepared is the US for a coronavirus outbreak?
- Intel AMT security hole lets hackers take control of corporate laptops
- Test-driving the TUV300: The tough and the cute
What Is the Log4j Flaw, and How Does it Affect You? have 330 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at December 15, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.