Microsoft is making a significant change to its command-line experience in Windows 11, as the company is changing the default to Windows Terminal . This creates an experience that's more competitive with Mac and Linux. RELATED How to Make Windows Terminal Always Open With Command Prompt on Windows 11 The company issued a blog post about the Windows Terminal , and it talked about plans for the future. "Over the course of 2022, we are planning to make Windows Terminal the default experience on Windows 11 devices. We will start with the Windows Insider Program and start moving through rings until we reach everyone on Windows 11," Microsoft said. Of course, if you're a big fan of Windows Terminal and you want to use it now, you can change the default in Windows 11. There are three places where you can change it: the Developer settings page of Windows settings, inside Windows Terminal's settings on the Startup page, and inside the Windows Console Host property sheet. RELATED How to Make Windows Terminal Your Default Terminal App Once Microsoft changes the default command-line experience to Windows Terminal, you can go to those same places to switch back if you don't like… Read full this story
- Ariana Grande kicks off tour with tribute to her late ex Mac Miller
- Kaia Gerber commands the runway at Paris Fashion Week
- An Interview With Mac Miller
- National Lipstick Day: How to get a free MAC lipstick, Sephora mask and other deals Sunday
- Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line lets furloughed federal workers aboard for free
- WOW! $49 one-way fares to Europe; what's the catch?
- Ex-Lions DB Tony Beckham beats up man he found masturbating near daughter's window
- Once a Bucknell Professor, Now the Commander of an Ethiopian Rebel Army
- Lions fire Lombardi, two offensive line assistants
- Terrell Owens catch in '99 playoff loss to 49ers signaled end of an era for Packers
Windows 11’s Default Command Line Catches up to Mac and Linux have 308 words, post on www.howtogeek.com at December 15, 2021. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.