Here's what's happening in the world of television for Thursday, January 13. All times are Eastern. Advertisement Top pick Peacemaker (HBO Max, 3:01 a.m.): When asked which DC Comics ne'er-do-well upon which he'd most like to build a The Suicide Squad spinoff, director James Gunn took one look at John Cena's massive shoulders and still-surprising comic chops and said, "Bring… me… Peacemaker." (Sorry, Weasel. Maybe next time.) And so this HBO Max superhero comedy series leaps into the brimming superhero pool, complete with former 'rassler Cena once more donning a little fascist boy's idea of a superhero costume (complete with shiny metal bedpan-looking helmet and actual bald eagle sidekick) to portray The Suicide Squad 's thuggishly patriotic vigilante. Both Gunn and the series' appropriately over the top trailer suggest that, after Peacemaker's [redacted] during the 2021 film's climax, this is a kinder, gentler, more soulful murderous gun nut, though. And, sure, it does appear that Cena's peace-worshipping assassin still enjoys high explosives and leaping through walls in his tighty-whities, but the trailer also suggests that a grudging conscience and some de rigueur daddy issues are nibbling away at its hero's gung-ho blood lust. Check out Jarrod Jones' take on the… Read full this story
- Venezuelan Defense Minister: John Bolton a ‘Clown’ for Accusing Socialists of Terrorist Ties
- Excerpt: "Every Day Is Extra" by John Kerry (with audio)
- The Latest: Gaza: Israeli fire kills 37 at protests
- Jerusalem ready to embrace the new U.S. embassy
- Britain WON’T block death penalty for ISIS ‘Beatles’ gang – paving way for them to be tried in America
- Rubio: America's 'moral credibility' at stake in response to missing journalist
- Trump embraces NRA in campaign-like speech, months after Parkland school shooting
- 'If I'm killed, let that bullet destroy every closet door'
- "America First" As Lawless Retreat From National Security
- Trump addresses NRA members — embracing their agenda in campaign style speech
John Cena will ensure America embraces Peacemaker, even if he has to kill every last one of us have 331 words, post on www.avclub.com at January 13, 2022. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.