Dubai’s main airport says it has retained its top place as the world’s busiest for international travel with around 29 million passengers shuttling through the global gateway last year. The 2021 passenger figures are encouraging for the tourism-driven economy of Dubai, regarded as a critical link between East and West. The numbers are sign that international travel has picked up somewhat since the coronavirus pandemic spawned unprecedented global lockdowns and border closures in 2020. Last year’s figure represents a 12 per cent increase in traffic at Dubai International Airport compared to 2020, which had recorded nearly 26 million travellers. Still, even with 29.1 million passengers crisscrossing last year through Dubai International Airport, or DXB, the figure is nowhere near the pre-pandemic milestone of 86.4 million in annual traffic logged by the airport in 2019. Dubai is currently hosting the six-month-long World’s Fair , which was delayed by a year due to the pandemic. Expo 2020, which opened in October and runs until the end of March, has attracted millions of visitors as well as heads of state , royalty and celebrities , helping to further cement Dubai’s reputation as a global destination. It’s unclear, though, what the overall contribution of… Read full this story
- Flying To Dubai - Airport And Travel Guide
- Top 10 Crazy Projects in Dubai
- 10 Reasons For Making Dubai Your Home
- Has Dubai Been Under Occupation All These Years?
- People Travel Delta Airlines For Quality
- Planning your Travel using Air Charter
- Miami History - How Much Do You Know About Florida's Wild Child?
- Where to go on a Charter Flight
- TEFL, TESL and TESOL - What's the Difference?
- The Basics - How Information Technology and The Internet Has Changed How We Do Business
Dubai airport is busiest for global travel as virus persists have 273 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at February 22, 2022. This is cached page on wBlogs. If you want remove this page, please contact us.